As the seasons change, it becomes important to take a closer look at the health of your hair. In fact, your hair itself may change as the temperature gets cooler. The good news is you can still have beautiful, flowing locks if you take a few steps now to protect your hair. It does not have to be difficult to have fabulous looking hair even when the freezing temperatures and drier air impacts you. To keep your hair healthy throughout the season, it is important to take a few extra steps in your care for it now.
Get a Deep Conditioning Scalp and Hair Treatment
All of the summer sun and heat can do some damage to your hair. The best way to overcome this damage is to use a deep conditioning scalp and hair treatment. This type of treatment can help to restore the health to your hair. This is particularly beneficial when you are experiencing damage from swimming in pools or over styling hair throughout the summer months. The good news is a deep conditioning now can also work to further improve the health of your hair and minimize additional damage in the months to come. Make it a must this fall.
Give Your Hair a Break
Another important step is as simply as taking a break. You know the treatments that you do on a regular basis. It could be coloring your hair. You may spend a great deal of time styling your hair using heat products and devices. You may also pull your hair back a great deal. When this is occurring, you are putting strain on your hair follicles and creating stress. Over time, this wears down the health of your hair and can lead to lasting damage that's not easy to fix. Now that summer is over, let your hair down, skip the harsh coloring treatments for a few extra weeks, and avoid using heat products. These simple steps may speed up your morning routine, but they also help to give your hair a chance to heal and restore its balance.
Improve Your Diet
There is no better time than the fall and winter season to get your hair looking good through your diet. Hormones change a great deal during this time of the year. As a result, your body is in need of added nutrition to boost the function of cells. Your hair can benefit from this as well. Here are a few tips for improving your hair through your diet.
- Start with removing processed foods from your diet. It's the single most important step you can take to improving your hair's overall health.
- Give it a huge dose of vitamins and minerals on a daily basis. For this to occur, you need to focus on eating more variety in the fruits and vegetables you consume. Eat more colors. Each color represents a different source of nutrition that your body needs.
- Focus on lean proteins. These can help your hair to grow and develop stronger.
You can also boost your hair's overall condition by investing in a daily high-quality vitamin supplement. Your diet really is at the heart of the health of your hair.
More Tips for Fall and Winter Hair Care
There are a few more things to keep in mind as we head into this next season.
- Wash your hair with SLS free products. Believe it or not, most people wash their hair with harsh shampoos filled with fragrance and heavy detergents that create a foamy lather. Those harsh chemicals strip away the luster in your hair. Shampoos free of SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) are mild and free of harsh surfactants.
- Keep your hair properly trimmed. Go in every four weeks or so for a trim, even if you do not want to remove much length.
- To keep those great looks when you are out and about this season, make sure to wear a silk scarf rather than a hat.
- If your home is dry, try adding a humidifier to your bedroom to help with hair breakage.
- Talk to your stylist about any specific steps you need to take based on the condition of your hair.
- It's that easy to have fantastic looking hair this season. What's even better is that you may find you love the way your hair looks this season because you are doing less to change it.