COVID-19 Update from Unique Hair Concepts - June 9th, 2020
Dear Valued Clients and Prospective New Clients,
As an essential business entering Phase 2 of New York Forward, the team and I at Unique Hair Concepts are very excited to see you and assist you with your hair replacement services and consultations. Going forward, the center will be open Tuesday through Saturday and attend clients and new consultations by appointment only. Please call 914-412-7700 to schedule your appointment. The center is closed on Sunday and Monday. We recommend that you pre-book in advance as we are following the guidelines and restrictions implemented by the State of New York.
The following are our rules and guidelines when visiting the center for your appointment during this time. Please note these guidelines have been implemented for the safety, health and comfort of our clients, guests and team members.
- All clients or guests with a scheduled appointment must call us from the center parking lot to notify us of your arrival. To control the flow of people in the center, we keep the entrance locked so once you notify us of your scheduled arrival, we will open the entrance door for you.
- No outside drinks or food will be allowed to be brought into the center (coffee cups, water bottles or food must be left in your parked vehicle).
- To help keep occupancy down, only the scheduled client or guest with the appointment will be permitted to enter the center. No extra guests will be allowed at this time to help with social distancing.
- No walk-ins or unscheduled visits will be permitted during this time.
- All clients must wear a mask when entering and throughout their time at the center.
- Temperature checks will be conducted at the door with a non-contact thermometer. Anyone with a temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed inside the center.
- A “Client Safety and Screening Questionnaire” will be completed upon arrival and prior to service to ensure our clients, guests and team’s safety and health.
- All clients will have access to a “hand washing” or “hand sanitizing” station upon arrival to be used prior to the appointment.
- Hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol will be available in every styling/treatment room and consultation office upon arrival.
- During your hair service appointment, we will be using disposable robes, capes and towels.
- Expect to see team members wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) consisting of a protective mask, barrier jacket and gloves.
- All stylists will wear gloves when providing service. If gloves are removed during a portion of the service, stylists will wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before and after contact with the customer’s hair.
- During the shampoo portion of your hair service, your mask must remain on your nose and mouth. We will untie or move the ties off your hair, but you must hold the mask over your nose and mouth during the wash.
- All styling/treatment rooms and implements will be cleaned and disinfected before and after each appointment.
- We will not be offering high touch items such as magazines, beverages or snacks during this time.
- You will be required to stay in your assigned styling room at all times during your appointment. We will walk you in and out when no other client is within the 6 to 10 foot distance of your personal space.
- During check-out, if possible, we encourage you to use contactless payment with a credit card.
We will continue to follow the requirements and guidelines as advised by the CDC, DOH and the State of New York. Additionally, we will advise you of any changes in protocol implemented as we receive any new rules or guidelines. We look forward to seeing you and providing you with a safe and comfortable experience when you visit us.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Founder/ Unique Hair Concepts